Manuka Honey Ointment
Healing in a tube - our beloved all natural First Aid ointment.
Our naturally potent skin healing ointment is a great all rounder for any first aid kit, and contains only 100% active leptospermum honey (Manuka honey), harvested by our own bees in New Zealand. It has been certified as a medical grade honey for treating cuts and burns.
This sterile easy-to-apply ointment creates an optimal environment for the healing of minor wounds and provides long-lasting infection protection while working to immediately reduce pain and minimize scarring long-term.
Easy-to-use, non toxic, natural and 100% safe, our First Honey® Manuka Honey Ointment is one product with three powerful healing actions.
- Cleans: naturally cleans (debrides) the wound
Protects: provides long-lasting infection protection through the creation of a physical barrier
- Heals: creates a moist, low pH environment that supports new tissue formation and assists wound healing.
Wondering about the wiggle room?
Every tube of First Honey® Manuka Honey Ointment has been very carefully designed to provide space for our honey to breathe. During the sterilization process honey expands, so we leave a little wiggle room to prevent leaks (trust us, exploding honey tubes are no fun!). You can rest assured every tube has the precise amount stated inside.
100% active leptospermum medical grade Manuka honey.
No artificial antibiotics, parabens, sulphates, phthalates, silicon derived ingredients, synthetic filler, chemical sunscreens, mineral oils, petrochemicals (like propylene glycol), phenoxyethanol, BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole), ethanolamines and ethoxylated ingredients.
Directions for use
First Honey® Manuka Honey Ointment is ideal for treatment of minor wounds such as cuts, grazes, burns, or blisters.
Following these simple steps will help reduce the risk of infection and promote optimal wound healing with minimal scarring.
- Step 1: Wash your hands! This helps avoid any further infection to the affected area. If possible put on surgical gloves, taking care if you are treating someone else for first aid.
- Step 2: Stop any bleeding by applying pressure with gauze and elevate until bleeding stops.
- Step 3: Clean the wound of dirt and debris with a sterile saline solution or clean water and gently wash the skin around the wound. Avoid using materials such as cotton wool. Thorough cleaning reduces the risk of infection.
- Step 4: Apply a generous amount of First Honey® Manuka Honey Ointment to a dressing then cover the wound with the dressing, gently pressing down the dressing edges to secure in place. For a smaller and convenient alternative, we recommend using First Honey® Manuka Bandages infused with our medical grade honey, available in two sizes and suitable for minor cuts, grazes, burns, and blisters.
- Step 5: Change the dressing regularly depending on the wound, it is good practice to change a dressing daily to support optimal wound healing and to keep the dressing dry so optimal environment isn't altered.
Minor cuts, grazes, burns and blisters can be cared for at home but if your wound is deep or more serious then we recommend that you see a doctor as soon as possible.
Crystals? Crystallization of this product can occur at lower temperatures, as all honey will do. If your Manuka Honey Ointment has crystallized you can gently warm the tubes for several minutes in a cup of warm water (100-120F) and this will liquefy any honey crystals that may have naturally occurred while in storage.
See our FAQ page for more information about the effectiveness of Manuka honey.